Sunday 26 October 2014

OPENING DOORS IN YOUR SKULL, OR TURNING YOUR FACE TOWARDS GOD



I am amazed at how I have gone from having nothing to say to blabbing away in these posts. I thought I had nothing to write about, but all I had to do was turn my attention towards writing one post and the rest sort of took care of itself. That initial gesture of going to my blog site was like a gentle, almost inaudible knock on the door of my skull, and it opened right away. Without this sort of attention, or rather, turning to (I love this phrase, ‘turning to, or towards,’ ) we can so easily become vegetables (don’t mistake me, I love vegetables, I just don’t want to be one).

Guru Nanak (my book on him, THE SINGING GURU, will be out in March/April in the US and India) has a word for this turning to, Gurmukh, one who turns his/her face towards God. That’s all you need to do – turn. Don’t face your shadows or your ego, but face God and your shadows will move behind you. All will take care of itself without any effort on your part.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps, but the Effort is also part of the Contract....it's just how we react and expend our energy dealing with all that comes at us.

    ReplyDelete