Tuesday 16 June 2015

THE POWER AND HEALING OF HEAT : MORE OF IDLENESS

There is something about this Indian heat that loosens the muscles and the mind and allows you to relax in a way that you can't where the climate is cold. I never get enough heat in either the US or in our mountain retreat in India. I don't have a thought in my head! I don't want a thought in my head. This is a very scary thought for me because thoughts are my business as a writer, and I fear, oh no, this is it! But I keep this thought at bay. I also just re-read some quotes that I had gathered for my book, THE WRITING WARRIOR, and here they are:


I have seemed to myself very indolent at times, when, as it afterwards appeared, much was accomplished in me. RALPH WALDO EMERSON, in his Journal.

A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is a visible labor and there is an invisible labor . . . . Thales remained motionless for four years. He founded philosophy. VICTOR HUGO

Inaction is only a gathering together of forces for the coming leap -- the fallow years are just as natural, just as necessary as the years of plenty. ELBERT HUBBARD


No comments:

Post a Comment