Tuesday 16 June 2015

AH, SIMPLICITY!


Life is simplifying in many ways. On top of the list is this: I do not think further than the next little step, even if it is, simply, I will brush my teeth. That activity naturally and spontaneously leads into: I will bathe. That process requires many tiny steps, all of them automated, from filling the bucket, testing the temperature, what part of my anatomy I am going to soap first till the point where I have to decide what to wear. That requires a bit of decision making which has been simplified, most of the time, to what I was wearing before I bathed with a change of underwear. Sometimes, of course, I joyously chose something new, and even that something new is limited invariably to what is most handy. 

"Simplify, simplify, simplify, simplify!" THOREAU

No comments:

Post a Comment