Friday 22 May 2015

AN ESSENTIAL THING TO REMEMBER AS WE AGE


Had a restful day yesterday mainly because I let myself be tired without making it a mental thing --  a wonderful development. I realized I must have been tired from the hike to the Magic Forest, didn’t question it too much. I always know as soon as I wake up in the morning that I am tired. Earlier, I would deplore it, wonder what was wrong with me. I did worry a bit when I had trouble climbing stairs, getting winded and panting, whether it was my heart. And I did push myself a bit when I found myself lying sluggishly in bed with a bit of Ginseng and coffee, and dragged myself to the study and organized it, bit by bit, slow as a snail, till I collapsed and came up to bed and took a nap. But the rest of the day was without ideation around my tiredness, not even embroidering or reading, or going for a walk, though I did do thirty minutes of what I call geriatric yoga, slow and relaxed. So, this is the new me. I have good days followed by bad days because on good days I do too much. As I age I have to be conscious of several things:

1.   Become aware as soon as I get tired and back off.
2.   Don’t do more than I can
3.   Take as much of rest as I need
4.   Allow myself to be vacant and idle.


No comments:

Post a Comment