Monday 18 May 2015

AERIE IN THE EYE: SOME MORE OF THAT PERSPECTIVE BEYOND GOOD DAY BAD DAY.


I had meant to say something about it but I forgot what. Let me try to remember. That, of course, is the other thing that happens in our Prune-hood. If you don’t catch a thought right away it vanishes. That is why both Payson and I have notepads we jot things down in. But then, we misplace the notepads.

How much of this do you fight and how much surrender to? On bad days you cannot fight it, on good days you can exercise some control. Good days bad days, sunshine and storms, are part of our destiny. Is it possible, I wonder (and a fruitful wondering it is) to have an aerie in the eye from which you can look down at both of them, as at a yin-yang sign, and remain above them both? Is it possible?

I end with the question. I have no answer. I wonder with my shriveling brain whether you can only do it on a good day, and I am back with the good and bad of things again.

Are we doomed to yo-yo thus?  


No comments:

Post a Comment