Thursday 14 November 2013

POSTSCRIPT ON RETURN, TEARS, EXILE, AND SOME MARVELOUS THINGS

I'll tell you wherein my blindness consists -- when I am in state, say, feeling low, down, dirty, I forget it is only a state, a single point on the arc of my ever-changing, shifting existence; that it will change, just as joyful moments change and shift. I know this, but can't practice it much of the time. I think this is my definition of enlightenment: Knowing and remembering knowing, that Truth, a series of unfolding, contrary processes, transcends them.

In short, I am in a different place -- the earth has moved in its orbit and on its axis, the solar system, the galaxies have moved on their way to God alone knows where.

HERE ARE SOME MARVELOUS FACTS TO CONTEMPLATE


The daily rotation of the earth on its axis is 1000 miles an hour.
Its annual revolution about the sun is at 72000 miles an hour
The solar system is moves within the local star system at 46800 miles an hour
The local star system moves within the Milky Way at 720, 000 miles an hour
The entire milk way is drifting with respect to the remote external  galaxies  at 360,000 miles an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment