Wednesday 13 November 2013

EVERY LIVING THING CONNECTS US DEEPLY WITH THE UNIVERSE: For womanoverfiftyfive

The web of life is all around and in us -- a bird feeding outside the window, a plant on a window sill, a tree, lettuce growing in the garden -- these are deep connections. We mistakenly think that only 'talking' or 'touching' is connection. Our community extends far and wide, near and deep. I have mind and heart-linked with spiders in my bathroom, ants, dolphins out at sea. A neighbor's cat who come whenever she feels like it, striding noisily through the cat door I still have from ten years ago when staying-at-one-place allowed me to have pets in the US, which I leave open just for her, just for that moment of delight and joy when she comes, sometimes not for weeks. We have to teach ourselves to get out of the habitual definition of connection to see how everything belongs to us, and we to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment