Friday 7 September 2018

My Life and Death is an Adventure



My life becomes more adventurous when I think of it as an adventure. 

There is something always of choice in it. 

Why do you think we love stories and movies that remind us of this? 

All this talk about dark forests, witches and wizards, guides and gurus, fascinate us. 

Why is the word path so very alluring, like all those lovely tracks beaten down by human and animal feet by the roots of the trees in the mountains where I live? 

No vision of a path is ever complete without a tree whose roots have kindly made stairs for our feet. 

I believe my life and death are adventures, and I wouldn’t trade in my belief for the Kohinoor. 

I trust the belief because it is sweet and full of hope.

I think that when we get to death, we enter the biggest adventure of all. 

I head further into this adventure that I embarked upon from the day I was born. 

We are dying from before our conception, from the moment our souls signed the contract to incarnate, from birth through all the joys and sorrows and boring in-betweens to death.


No comments:

Post a Comment