Tuesday 25 September 2018

Ride on a white ethereal horse


“I dreamt a white horse came through our gullies, his forelegs muddied in the rain,” Mardana resumes.
‘Someone is knocking at our door,’ Fatima says to me. 
She opens it, and in comes a white horse, unsaddled, without reins or carrying bags, its mien fluffy, like clouds. 
He looks at me, and in the globes of his dark eyes I see galaxies wheeling. 
The experience was both scary and exciting. In the dream, I get off my bed, amazed there was no pain in my legs and hips, I walk with strength and energy and in one leap, like a powerful, young man, 
I mount the horse. I think, ‘I’m going on another long journey, I should ask Fatima to make some sweet fried bread for me, but then the horse speaks to me without speaking, and says, ‘but you are invited to a feast!’ 
It rises into the air, from right here in our courtyard, right by that chulla, into the air and we begin to fly together, he and I. And then I awoke.”
“Daadu jaan, you flew like the prophet Muhammad to paradise,” Aziza says.
“Yes. Though it was a great dream and I was so happy in it, I frightened myself when I thought upon waking that it might mean I am going to die.”
“But you promised you wouldn’t!” Aziza insists.
“And I must keep my promise to you, my Zizu, Zizujaan,” Mardana smiles, his eyes tearing up.

Excerpts from "Into the Great Heart".
Get your copy: 

http://bit.ly/IntoTheGreatHeart

No comments:

Post a Comment