Sunday 15 July 2018

There is no denying I have aged



 
Having written the previous blogs, I can put myself in the context of old age.  

I look at myself in the mirror and though I know this creature with silver hair that looks back at me with often-puffy eyes as ‘me,’ I can see how the contours of its face have changed over time, as everything in nature changes. 

But internally, my life at this (what most people consider) ‘late’ age, has, like a sudden summer on a dying tree, begun to bloom in ways that have surprised and delighted me. 

I do not doubt that these flowerings will happen unexpectedly, obeying the laws of some inner seasons, till I die. 

Of course, one never knows about life, and this not knowing, if kept alive in our memories and our daily discipline, can be a path to awe and vibrancy.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment