Monday 16 July 2018

I am in better shape at 70 than I have ever been in my life, both physically and mentally.




I am in better shape at 70 than I have ever been in my life, both physically and mentally. The former is due to a passion for movement, for exercise (which doesn’t at all mean that I don’t indulge occasionally in glorious laziness; I do; I have earned it); yoga, stretching, walking, and gentle weight lifting. We can do these without being Nazis about our schedules. These activities must be our constant and loyal companions as we travel further into the part of this Journey we call Old Age. If befriended with a certain degree of caution, awareness, they will never let you down. Secondly, pertinent to the mental part, the brain, too, must be exercised. We cannot let it atrophy. It is altogether too precious a thing. This can be done in so many ways: reading, meditating, writing, pursuing our passions, whatever they are, keeping up with the news, being engaged in all aspects of our lives, from buying vegetables to cooking to personal hygiene.   

No comments:

Post a Comment