Wednesday 12 August 2015

DRINKING FAILURE TO THE DREGS

It is ironic that I should be feeling it now. I am in the process of completing not one, but two books. I have noticed another pattern: that the sense of failure often comes a visiting when I am tired, and it's more than possible that I am tired -- understandably so. But this was not what I had meant to write about. The advantage of drinking failure to the dregs is that you face it, confront it, look at it with your eyes wide open, and then move on. It must seem ironic and strange to you, my readers, that someone who has had five books published can feel like a failure. But failure is measured not by how much you have achieved but how much more you want! It is measured against an unbound desire. There is a greed, an avariciousness about it, a lack of gratitude and humility. The uncontrolled Ego

1 comment:

  1. The ego is a demanding task master. It's never enough---look at poor Robin Williams, Marilyn Monroe and all the other flamed-out stars wanting their constellations to shine while they lived. How many poor vintages, with time, turn out to have special bouquets and flavor. Freeing/fighting back against the negative aspects of the Ego slave-driver/owner is always the Big Work at hand....great to be conscious and watch it's workings and our own thru the Conscious/Higher Self!

    ReplyDelete