Tuesday 24 February 2015

IT'S SO NARCISSISTIC, ISN'T IT, ALL THESE PHOTOS. BUT THERE IS A REASON OTHER THAN VANITY

I cannot post a picture of myself without seeing through the utter vanity of the act. This subject demands some exploring. Yes, it is vain but I am encouraged to do this by YOU. I see my photos get far more hits than my writing, so I pander to it; I need to keep you engaged because my publicist says I should. I also want to keep you engaged because I really want you to buy my book THE SINGING GURU when it is released on the 17th of March. Honestly, it has nothing to do with making money. I hardly make any money on my books. If my motive was money, I would have given up a long time ago! I am compelled to write and I recognize that if I am to be published (I have another eight projects in various states of readiness) again and again, the books must sell so the publisher will be motivated to continue publishing my books. So here I am, selling myself, and will possibly continue to do so till my dying breath. While I respect artists and writers who are content to work in isolation, I know myself enough to know that I am made of a different metal. It is important to know such things about yourself, to have clarity on who or what you are so you can proceed accordingly without too much conflict. I also know how important it is to not get caught up in your own press and to keep a distance between your image and you. The image is public, but I am quite, quite private when I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment