Thursday 26 February 2015

HOW METHOD CAN HELP YOU RELAX AND THE JOYS OF HAVING YOUR OWN BATHROOM


I’m very proud of myself for figuring out a way to be in this wide swath of time given to me after much struggle and busyness. I have been fearful that if I had too much time on my hands – which I do now, having almost completed a very long standing project, so long it has been a joke with my family and friends: MALINI IN WHIRLWOOD -- I would go crazy. I feel easy in my mind around everything and take joy at the prospect of my days in which I putter from thing to thing, following my method, which includes, ‘now I’m going to take a break and play three games of backgammon,’ or ‘now I’m going to lie down for ten minutes and simply be with my breath,’ or ‘now I’m going to lure Payson out of his study and into the brilliant sunshine so we can eat some vitamin D.’

Just now I nurtured my body by microwaving some pure Shea butter in a fiesta ware container allocated to it for all time, bringing it downstairs to my own bathroom, turning on the heater (it is nippy at 55 degrees at 11:00 a.m.), stripping down to nothing, sitting on my stool and greasing up my very dry body, then clipping my toenails. Payson came in and I greased up his hair and neck and face, too. He doesn’t let me do it often, but I love nurturing him too.

Just a word about my bathroom: some might consider it a luxury but a bathroom of your own is essential. It is a place for downtime, for relaxation and self-nurturing. I love my travertine sink that I hunted for in five shops when the bathroom was modeled four years ago, I love the rug in it (not because it is particularly beautiful or expensive) but because it gives me something soft to stand on when I do my ablutions. 

Next post, pictures of my bathroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment