Saturday 15 March 2014

EMBROIDERING DESPERATION SHAWLS

This post is dedicated to my friend Jyotsana Singh who has been encourage me to post pictures of my embroidery.

It's really quite simple. I buy a paisley shawl or stoll and then highlight the patterns already there with a running stitch. here are some pictures. When I first started doing this, inspired by the old jamawar shawls that were both woven and intricately embroidered, I called this shawl my DESPERATION SHAWL. It was after my retirement and I had vast stretches of not writing. this is what I did.

1 comment:

  1. Like any true artist, you took your "desperation" and turned it into something creative....and beautiful. I marvel at all your creative talents: writing, poetry, composing raga/kirtan songs at the harmonium and synthesizer, beading/jewelry, knitting, embroidery, cooking up magic in so many forms (including some of your delicious meal concoctions!).
    Lucky me to have you as a partner.....

    ReplyDelete