Tuesday 25 February 2014

SPRING HAS SPRUNG -- BEFRIEND THE OUTDOORS!

I think that most of us in our pursuit of 'productiveness' spend most of our time indoors worshipping Capitalism and its Commandments. It doesn't make us happier though does gratify us by reinforcing our 'use' to society and to ourselves (which often is society internalized). But nothing can replace the outdoors. Its rewards are a hundredfold more than the rewards of working towards 'success,' whatever our definition of success might be. I'm not saying working is worthless compared to being outdoors, eating the sun, gardening, looking, being: only that let us not forget to balance work with magnificent  sunshine.

Southern California has been lovely at this time of the year -- I'm aware it comes at a huge price: drought. But since I didn't cause the drought and am doing anything I can to preserve water, I am letting myself enjoy what's out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment