Tuesday 1 October 2013

REFRAMING THOUGHTS HELP US TO SHIFT FROM DESPAIR TO ALL RIGHTNESS


THREE EXAMPLES:

I have been saying I ‘can’t’ drink tea or coffee. The ‘can’t’ makes me feel inadequate, disempowered, a victim of dairy and caffeine. I say to myself, I ‘don’t’ drink tea and coffee. The ‘don’t’ makes me the active agent here and empowers me by giving me the choice. I can drink it, of course I can, but I don’t because it harms me.

I was roaming (what I called) ‘aimlessly’ from room to room this morning. I have been doing a lot of ‘nothing’ lately, being unwell for a long time now, the kind of unwellness in which you are neither sick enough to rest guiltlessly or plunge into rewarding activities. But I paused for a second as I thought: my aim is to roam from room to room aimlessly. Just this thought turned things around and gave me a supreme purpose.


Rather than think I ‘can’t’ write or read, I have eyestrain, the brain is dead, I think, I want to do some awaragardi, roam aimlessly from room to room, walk slowly and purposelessly on the bridge, looking down at the water that I will soon be leaving.  

To do whatever it is that one does with consciousness turns everything around and shifts despair to All Rightness.   

No comments:

Post a Comment