Sunday 24 March 2013

GOD'S TITS

And when I experience what I described in my last post, God the Father doesn't do for me, it is God the Mother, and her comforting teats that I turn to.  And they are comforting, lulling, peace-feeding. Her  loving, stroking, kissing, put me in a safe place and I fall back to sleep.

I didn't have a particularly nurturing mother and I am not a lesbian (not because I think there is anything at all wrong with it but because I wasn't made that way) but I find it amazing how both sexes seek  this other mother, this feminine energy, 'Godina' I call her, for comfort in times of stress. I find Hinduism, Buddhism and Catholicism  with its  female deities more commendable in this regard, in the way they offer female archetypes for human contemplation than even Sikhism, not the way it came into being, with the Gurus calling the supreme being MOTHER FATHER GOD, but because of the patriarchal institution that it has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment