Saturday 24 August 2013

Robert La Quey's comment on THERE'S NO WAY AROUND IT, THE BODY IS MADE TO PERISH:



I have a personal death myth. Who knows if I will be allowed to put it into being. 

The plan is to die alone in a wilderness. To walk off like an old native American or Eskimo. For years I thought that the escarpment over looking the Laguna Salada in Baja California would be the perfect place. 

Now that I live in the Philippines the place is the ocean. When asked a few years ago by a good friend what my plan was I replied, "I am going to go south. I am going to live on the beach. I am going to build boats. I am going sailing. I am going to die at sea." 

So far I am too busy building boats to sail much but the plan is still very much in place. 

Robert La Quey
https://www.facebook.com/TropicalBoats

1 comment:

  1. Bob: The Indigenous people had it right....move into the embrace of nature for the last sleep. Once when I was in Antarctica doing a nature movie documentary, I feel asleep on on a snow drift after a very long, hard day of work. It felt very soothing and soft as I drowsed in and out of wakefulness and I thought this is how an old Eskimo dies.

    Failing that gift, as Kamla writes, it would be good to die at home with those one loves....like an 18-19th British novel!

    As we get closer to the other side, these thoughts pop in and out....but we're lucky to be vital and alive....so enjoy the Here and Now...build your boat and go sailing on rippling waters with good breezes!

    ReplyDelete