Tuesday 21 January 2014

FALLING

The thing about falling is that is happens so spontaneously that you are left marveling at it. It is utterly outside your control. I did have a moment before I stepped on the bridge where I wondered whether I shouldn't be walking on the leaves instead. But Payson was going that way, and I decided to follow him. Well, sometimes it is better to follow your intuition than your husband! But so much kindness came from my fall. A young couple came to help immediately, rubbing me and helping me to wobble to the hall where I was going to do some yoga. The young girl ran to the office and said (Payson told me later) "the Ganesha lady has fallen!" Another man came to give me an adjustment and a healing and a tube of ointment. And my injury has helped to slow me down . . . much needed for a while! It's all for the best.

1 comment:

  1. The world upending and gravity pulling without one's control is a real reminder of how much can change in an instant. Kamlaji, you were pretty lucky you didn't break any bones! Your flexibility through daily yoga helped in many ways so that too paid off. One day we'll fall into the Deep Fall and know what;s Next.

    ReplyDelete